Pick De Dish – Food & Rum/ Oistins Fish Festival Activation The Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
(The BTMI) will be hosting the Pick De Dish – Food & Rum competition in conjunction with the celebration of the Oistins Fish Festival on Saturday April 16,2022.
This competition is a community initiative geared at allowing the most lauded cooks in the community to to display their culinary skills and talents for attractive prizes. In an effort to support the fishing industry, the competition will require the participating community members to prepare a fish dish, which must be served with local ground provisions and vegetables. Which will be provided by the organising competition committee.
Enter Pick De Dish Pick De Dish is seeking to find those hidden talented cooks in the community!
The BTMI invites community members to create their version of the best Barbadian influenced dish featuring fish, local ground provisions and vegetables in any variation.
How to enter?
1. Visit www.pickdedish.com
2. Submit your name, contact details and your parish
Three finalists will be selected for the Live Competition Cook Off via a random draw.
Competition details -
Live Cook-Off The Live Cook Off will take place on Saturday April 16th 2022 from 2pm – 4pm at Oistins Bauy Gardens.
It will showcase three (3) participants who will compete against each other. The cooks will be allotted 30 mins to prep and 45 mins for cooking, plating and presenting the dish. The dishes will be judged by a panel of four (4 )judges.
The judges’ decision is final. All finalists are required to present a negative Rapid Antigen Test result taken within 24hrs of the event (taken on Friday April 15th,2022). Along with a valid Food Handling Certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
Who is eligible for this competition?
• This contest is open to persons who are residents of Barbados
• The winner of the competition will be chosen by a panel of judges at the end of the live Cook Off
• The winner and finalists will receive:
▪ 1st Place: Staycation for 2 (Value - BDS$1,500)
▪ 2nd Place: Knife set (Value - BDS$500)
▪ 3rd Place: Dinner for 2 at Champers TBC (Value - BDS$300)
Who is NOT eligible for this competition?
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes:
• Any person who at any time on was or is a director, officer, employee, agent of BTMI or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, or affiliated companies, franchisees or service agencies or independent contractors or suppliers of services to BTMI.
• Any person who has completed the Culinary Arts Associate Degree at the BCC Hospitality Institute, or its equivalent or any higher level of training programme at any other institution outside of Barbados.
• BTMI hereby specifically reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/ or modify the competition if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, safety of the competition, as determined by BTMI in its sole discretion.
• Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for reasonable cause.
• Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. reserves the right to post, publish or otherwise use any image entered in this promotion.
• This is no way sponsored, administered or associated with Instagram or Facebook
* indicates required